Music, Television, Film, Food, and Life Served Up Daily, Pits & All!

Friday, May 16, 2008

Fav 5 Songs of the Week


Here's this weeks "Fav 5". Be warned it's a happy bunch of songs.

1.) "You, Me, & the Bourgeoisie", The Submarines- In the spirit of my new found optimism, this track is head-bopping ditty with great vocals and lyrics by one of my favorite neighborhood bands.

2.) "The LSB", Make Model- A rebellious song with a hook by one of the cutest bands going.

3.) "Right as Rain", Adele- The latest in a string of 60's sounding divas from Great Britain, Adele knocks it out of the park with this saucy, sassy song.

4.) "Who's Gonna Sing", The Prototypes- How this super-fun French group escaped me back in 2006, I'll never know. But I'm thrilled I found this booty-shaking number. Listen for the fierce way she says "banjo". Priceless.

5.) "As Long As It's Not You", Astrid Swan- In need of some cynicism and bitterness, this deceptively catchy song did the trick nicely. Plus, the video is way clever!

No comments: