Music, Television, Film, Food, and Life Served Up Daily, Pits & All!

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Crap. I Forgot to Get You a Card.


It's a major holiday, kids and I feel horrible because I didn't get you anything.

Yes apparently, it's "Tyra Banks Show Day" as christened by New York's Mayor Bloomberg. Never one to congratulate herself, Tyra modestly announced this for millions of people on The View this morning. And I say good for her. I mean if Veterans and Martin Luther King can get their own holiday, shouldn't a show where the host goes undercover as a homeless person be rewarded the same thing?

Tyra does important work and I'm glad the city of New York has recognized this. I wonder- do Manhattan kids have the day off today? Is the DMV open?Is there a parade with Ms Jay and Benny Ninja twirling batons? 

To celebrate, I'm going to wear a fat suit, wear a t-shirt with my real age, and have a heart to heart with a transgendered teenager. If you're a self-respecting American, I suggest you do the same.

No comments: