Music, Television, Film, Food, and Life Served Up Daily, Pits & All!

Friday, April 25, 2008

Scar-Jo sings?


I have a love hate thing with Scarlett Johansson. Loved her  in Lost in Translation. Hate her in nearly everything else. 

So color me surprised when I heard her new song "Falling Down". It's a Tom Waits cover as is everything else on her new album Anywhere I Lay My Head. It's pretty darn good. She's doing a Cat Power/Marianne Faithful thing that's not entirely authentic but it doesn't totally suck. She had some pretty decent helping hands on the project like David Muthafucking Bowie, Nick Zinner from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and David Sitek of TV on the Radio fame. With that talent, I'm very curious to listen to the whole record.

Still, I'm a tad trepidatious. I'm still traumatized by having to sit through The Island in theaters and musical offerings by fellow actors like Minnie Driver and Brittany Murphy don't inspire much confidence. 

No comments: