Music, Television, Film, Food, and Life Served Up Daily, Pits & All!

Monday, September 22, 2008

Lipstick on a Pig? It's been done, honey.

Has the world ever needed Miss Piggy more than we do now?

There's talk of a new Muppet movie and holiday special and it can't happen soon enough for me. I know people say since his passing, Jim Henson's creatures just haven't been the same and I tend to agree.  But I'm remaining hopeful since the Muppets still take me to my "happy place". 

Plus, I could use a little dose of Miss Piggy's tough, diva attitude right about now. I have a short list of people she could karate chop and insult in that special way that only Miss Piggy could do. While I await her return, I've found some killer youtube clips of the diva in action to hold me over. Like this fabulous opening number from her television special, a comedy mash up of her on Top Model, her dancing at a disco with Christopher Reeve and Cheryl Ladd(!), and a classic moment from the Muppet Show.

Watching these clips makes you realize how good we had it as kids with the genius of Frank Oz and Jim Henson. Kids today(a phrase that automatically makes you sound really old) are stuck with the Jonas Brothers and That's so Raven. Hardly seems fair.


No comments: