Music, Television, Film, Food, and Life Served Up Daily, Pits & All!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Simply Barbra!


Let it be known that yours truly has never been one of those gays who worships at the alter of Barbra Streisand. Maybe I'm too young. Maybe my heart belongs to Madonna and Cher and there's simply no room for one more diva. Whatever it is, I will never be like the license plate I recently saw on a Cadillac "BJS#1FAN" (that stands for Barbra Joan Striesand and the world tour backstage pass dangling from the rearview mirror confirmed it, so get your mind out of the gutter). Sure, I love Funny Girl and some of her seventies songs are amazing but her egomanical persona and preachiness have always rubbed me the wrong way.

So I was surprised when I stumbled upon her blog about John McCain/ Sarah Palin. She perfectly she nails the whole situation and manipulation.  Read it here.
Babs, a former Hillary supporter has now thrown her weight behind Obama and is performing tonight at a fundraiser in Beverly Hills. And I gotta give the old broad props for sticking to her guns and saying what she believes.

This, naturally, does not change the fact that I would rather eat tacks than watch The Mirror Has Two Faces nor does it make me want to blare her horrible duet with Celine Dion.

No comments: